Espazzola Grouphead Cleaning Tool
- Quickly loosens and removes coffee gunk from your group heads
- Soft on machine parts, tough on coffee residue
- Locks in just like a portafilter, no detergent required
- Gets rid of debris and buildup and rinses clean - no unsightly blackened shop towels!
- Can be used with detergent pellets to loosen stubborn buildup
- Top rack dishwasher safe, or soak in coffee detergent to clean
- Fits most 58-60 mm groups
- Made of BPA-free plastic and silicone
HOW DOES THE ESPAZZOLA WORK?
The Espazzola consists of a rigid cup section that can be inserted into the group-head like a portafilter. A flexible insert - the membrane - is mounted into the cup.
The flexible membrane adapts to the group-head. All areas in this narrow and hot part are wiped off simultaneously - up to the sealing gasket and into the slot for the portafilter cams!
At the same time, the hot water from the espresso machine is used to flush the group-head thoroughly. It is then safely guided over the rim of the cup into the drip tray.
With this clever principle, cleaning all surfaces in a group-head takes less than 20 seconds and is as easy as pulling an espresso shot. And that without any big spills or burnt fingers! The espresso machine cleans itself almost automatically.