Flair Classic Espresso Maker with Pressure Kit
The Original. The Classic.
The Flair Classic is the original manual espresso maker that turned the craft coffee industry on its head in 2016. The completely manual, lever espresso press is capable of brewing between 6-9 BAR pressure, exactly that needed to brew cafe-quality espresso from wherever you are.
Each Classic comes with everything you need to brew café-quality espresso, anytime, anywhere. Choose the Pressure Kit to include a stainless steel tamper and pressure gaug
- HANDCRAFT SHOTS OF ESPRESSO – With the Flair Classic Espresso Maker, you have a complete manual espresso machine that can produce professional quality shots of espresso from your home, or wherever you are. Add 60ml of boiled water and a dose of up to 18 grams to yield a 40 ml shot with beautiful crema. A burr grinder is essential for use with this product.
- FULLY MANUAL & COMPLETELY BEAUTIFUL – The Flair Classic is a 100% human-powered, direct lever espresso press. There are no plugs or electronics, meaning the Flair will look beautiful in any coffee station or kitchen.
- ADVANCED ESPRESSO BREWING – The Flair Classic comes with our bottomless 2-in-1 Portafilter, meaning you can brew bottomless or spouted. In addition, choose between the Solo or Pressure Kit model. With the Pressure Kit, you’ll receive a stainless steel tamper and a custom pressure gauge to ensure perfect, repeatable extractions.
- EASY TO CLEAN – The Flair Espresso Maker is the only manual espresso maker with a completely detachable brewing head. This patented design allows for users to completely remove the brewing head, separate the parts, and rinse under cool water.
- BUILT TO LAST – The Flair Classic is made from durable materials like cast aluminum and stainless steel, you can be sure your manual espresso maker, by Flair, is built to last. Both the aluminum press stand and the stainless steel brewing head are backed by a 3-year warranty.
- FULLY PORTABLE – All Flair Classic Espresso Makers come standard with our precision cut and padded carrying case meaning you can take your manual espresso maker anywhere you’d like.
As a fully capable espresso machine, the Flair Classic requires freshly roasted beans, a kettle that can boil water, and most importantly, a high-quality, espresso capable burr grinder. Expect to pay at least $100 dollars to ensure the level of quality needed. Flair recommends our Royal hand grinder, linked here >
In addition, home-brewers should consider using a dosing scale to weigh their beans to ensure consistency and to measure output. Flair’s own Brew Scale is a wonderful, and affordable option. Linked here >
- Post & Lever with Red Portafilter Base
- Bottomless 2-in-1 Portafilter with Screen
- Stainless Steel Brew Cylinder with Plunger
- Stem with Pressure Gauge (Pressure Kit Only)
- Dosing Cup
- Stainless Steel Tamper (Pressure Kit Only)
- Carrying Case
- Screw for Affixing Post to Base Permanently
- Brewing Guide
The Classic is an advanced direct lever espresso machine that is easy to learn for beginners. Anyone can learn to brew with the Flair Classic, but the process does take some effort, materials, and a small learning curve. Brewing with a Flair is more like cooking a meal for yourself, as opposed to getting takeout or using the microwave. But, if you’re looking for café-quality espresso at home, that you handcraft yourself, the Classic will serve you for a lifetime.
- If you’re looking for the most convenient option, please check out Flair NEO Flex >
- If you’d like the full barista experience, check out the Flair 58 >
- Weight – 5 lbs (2.27kg)
- Case Dimensions – 12.5″ L x 9″ W x 3.25″ H (32cm x 23cm x 8cm)
- Assembled Dimensions – 12.5″ L x 6.25″ W x 10″ H (32cm x 16cm x 25.4cm)
- Dose – 12-18 grams
- Input Water Capacity – 60ml
- Yield – Up to 45ml